Four months before The Band retired from the road, the group played one of their final show at the Casino Arena in Asbury Park, NJ on July 20, 1976. A fantastic performance gladly will be able to watch some more truly great artists and hear them with this black-and-white professionally-shot footage. History of the Asbury Park Casino Built in 1929, the casino and its accompanying arcade made Asbury Park one of NJ’s premier resort towns. The complex boasted a wide range of amusements, from rides and concessions to year-round accommodations. It was also a popular place for entertainment like movies, theater, and concerts.
- Casino Arena Asbury Park Nj
- Casino Arena Asbury Park Nj Menu
- Casino Arena Asbury Park Nj Concerts
- Casino Arena Asbury Park Nj Map
RinkAtlas is doing research into closed arenas in Northern and Central New Jersey.
Our goal at RinkAtlas is to document all of the places where ice hockey is being and has been played throughout North America. We have a project to document all of the closed arenas we can find. These are buildings that used to be hockey arenas and are used for a different purpose, or buildings that were demolished and other buildings were built in their places.
Here is a list of arenas that we are aware of in Northern and Central New Jersey that are not currently in the RinkAtlas directory because we have not completed research on them. The list is in alphabetical order, and any information we have about the arena is listed below its name:
- Casino Skating Palace, Asbury Park, NJ
- Joe Walker pointed out that this arena existed and pointed us to a web page that has a great deal of information about it.
- Hillman’s, Elmwood Park, NJ
- Chuck Podgurski said, “… ever hear of “Hillman’s”, an outdoor facility in then East Paterson? I believe they also had a large driving range on premise.”
- This appears to be a place known as Hillman’s Golfland, see photo montage from 1954 on Pinterest.
- Ice Pavilion in West New York, NJ
- Tom Granelli said, “Have you done research on the West New York rink I believe it was called a Ice Pavilion? About 150 x 76 if I remember. Run by Frank Traverso before he ran BMIA, We practised there for years too. Neat place.”
- Monte Carlo Rink in Asbury Park, NJ
- Frank Dimarco found a photo of a 1951 letter from Bill Mackenzie at Rutgers Sports Information documenting the existence of a seasonal ice rink at the Monte Carlo Pool in Asbury Park, New Jersey.
Casino Arena Asbury Park Nj
- He also found a photo on the Internet that reportedly depicts this ice surface being setup.
Casino Arena Asbury Park Nj Menu
- Shrewsbury Ice Arena, Shrewsbury, NJ
- Bill Bredin recommended that Shrewsbury Ice Arena be added. It is known to have existed from a number of sources. Further documentation will be provided soon.
Casino Arena Asbury Park Nj Concerts
Closed Arenas in New Jersey Already in RinkAtlas
Casino Arena Asbury Park Nj Map
- Bergen Mall Ice Arena, Paramus, NJ
- Branch Brook Park Arena, Newark, NJ
- Brick Forum, Brick, NJ
- Canlan Sports Vineland, Vineland, NJ
- Cherry Hill Arena, Cherry Hill, NJ
- Chillout Sports Arena, Hackettstown, NJ
- Danny Michaels Ice Palace, Florham Park, NJ
- Izod Center, East Rutherford, NJ
- The Rink, Medford, NJ
- Totowa Ice World, Totowa, NJ
- Ventnor City Municipal Ice Rink, Ventnor City, NJ
- Voorhees Coliseum, Voorhees, NJ