- Stateline Casino Wendover Nv Silver Gaming Token
- Stateline Casino Wendover Nv
- Stateline Casino Wendover Nevada
|Address||West Wendover, Nevada|
|Owner||Wendover Nugget Casino|
Stateline Hotel and Casino was located in West Wendover straddling the Nevada/Utah border.
Book Montego Bay Casino Resort, West Wendover on Tripadvisor: See 1,499 traveler reviews, 342 candid photos, and great deals for Montego Bay Casino Resort, ranked #1 of 5 hotels in West Wendover and rated 4 of 5 at Tripadvisor. Best Casino Hotels in West Wendover on Tripadvisor: Find 3,721 traveler reviews, 768 candid photos, and prices for 5 casino hotels in West Wendover, NV.
The owner of Stateline Casino was William 'Bill' Smith, who started his business in 1926 as a service station. In 1931 when gambling was legalized in Nevada, Smith expanded his service station adding a hotel and casino. The hotel and casino straddled the official border between Nevada and Utah. For a long time there was a white line across the floor. A patron could eat on the Utah side then step over the line and gamble in Nevada. It began business in 1931 when gambling became legal again in Nevada after being outlawed on October 1, 1910 at midnight.
Stateline Casino Wendover Nv Silver Gaming Token
It closed in 1982 and reopened in 1985. In 2002 it was sold and renamed the Stateline Nugget. In 2004 it was sold again and renamed Wendover Nugget Hotel and Casino. The Wendover Nugget Hotel and Casino then donated Wendover Will, the 63 foot neon cowboy sign that had stood in front of the hotel since 1952 to the city of West Wendover. The city restored it and erected it in the city center.
Stateline Casino Wendover Nv
- ^ abc'Wendover History'. gbcnv.edu. Retrieved 2008-11-20.
- ^Eugene P. Moehring; Michael S. Green (2005). Las Vegas: A Centennial History. University of Nevada Press. pp. 47–. ISBN978-0-87417-615-5. Retrieved 11 September 2013.
- ^'The Socio-Economic Impact & Recent History of United States Gaming'. Retrieved 2013-05-13.
- ^'Wendover Nugget'. Retrieved 2008-11-20.